Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here done the mens 3 race or higher before? What can i expect in terms of field strength, attacks, etc? Coming from boulder im pretty confident about my ability to go up hill, is the race usually decided on the climbs or sprints, breakaways etc?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The race is decided on the climbs, and there's quite a few of them. There is also the TT, but that shouldn't be the difference maker. If you can go uphill well, then you'll be in great shape. Last years Cat 3 winner lives in Boulder as well, maybe you know him.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cazdrvr said:
I think the wind can be a factor at times also.
What about Manbearpig? I've heard he's been known to roam those parts of the southwest and gobble up a racer now and then. I'm super cereal you guys!

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's the Chupacabra that gets most :) We just saw lots of splintered groups on the first two road stages. My team mate said it best, "I've never worked so hard to go 15 miles an hour down a 40 mph downhill."

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cazdrvr said:
It's the Chupacabra that gets most :) We just saw lots of splintered groups on the first two road stages. My team mate said it best, "I've never worked so hard to go 15 miles an hour down a 40 mph downhill."
Chupacabra.....is that like a mexican bigfooter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts