Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yes, but terrible,terrible, disjointed coverage. Just like last year. Fun to watch all the American neo-pro's though.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
On NBS Sports Network as well. Horrible coverage, giant gaps make me think I hit the skip ahead button on the remote. In fact yesterday I rewound the recording because I was sure I did.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Yes, but terrible,terrible, disjointed coverage. Just like last year. Fun to watch all the American neo-pro's though.
"The closer we get to the finish, the more the kill-om-iters click down"

·
Registered
888 Posts
Try watching on tourtracker.tourofutah.com. You can watch it on your PC, iphone/ipad or android. I think the coverage is a little better and the graphics make it easy to see where the racers are.

·
Crank Addict
1,943 Posts
I'm using the app.. its free and I sort of enjoy the commentary from Frankie Andreau and Tim Johnson.

I haven't sen anything disjointed, aside from a few pictures dropouts that are common in any cycling race when you've got the moto cameras broadcasting back to an airplane.

Last year, I thought this race was one of the best US races... has some exciting finishes with some young up and coming riders.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Try watching on tourtracker.tourofutah.com. You can watch it on your PC, iphone/ipad or android. I think the coverage is a little better and the graphics make it easy to see where the racers are.
Nice! Didn't know about this link. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Utah is so beautiful it's too bad none of the top riders hit this race. Guess the timing is a big factor.

Still rate the Big Cottonwood descent/Little Cottonwod climb one of the coolest stages there is. Couple years ago the when Cadel Evans took a similar stage, was one of the best demonstrations of racing skill and strategy I've seen. He was like Sagan at his best on the down and Steve Cummings at his best at the finish. If you haven't seen it it is worth the time to search YouTube.

·
Registered
888 Posts
The Olympics hurt the attendance for the TOU this year but there are still some strong riders. They're in the middle of the last stage right now which is the one that Evans made some really nice moves on a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Lachlan Morton of Jelly Belly took back the yellow jersey from Andrew Talansky on the final stage today. I don't really follow specific riders that much but it seems like Morton let things go for a year or two and now he's doing well again. It's also good to see Jelly Belly get a big win since they've been a consistent team sponsor for 15-20 years.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I happened to read that article right before the ToU started, and it really put me on Morton's side. Seems like he more than burned out, like maybe a bout of depression or something serious like that. So I think that joining Jelly Belly Maxxis, and having his brother with him was probably very smart, and I was then very pleased to see his great result. (Even if not against the top ranks of world tour teams.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts