Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many extended tours, backpacking trips, and climbing jaunts I have hit upon a golden rule. If you can afford the weight take seperate tents for everyone so there is some semblance of privacy and ability to get away from the dynamic stress of an expedition. What are the differing thoughts out there? I remember my first long trip. It was a climbing road trip for six weeks between my junior and senior year of college. We only had my tiny tent, TNF Lunar Light. After two weeks we shared a mutual bad attitude as well because we just could not get away. Some groups,pairs are different. Obviously family groups beat this rule but otherwise I think is pretty sound. Thoughts?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Families...

brad nicholson said:
After many extended tours, backpacking trips, and climbing jaunts I have hit upon a golden rule. If you can afford the weight take seperate tents for everyone so there is some semblance of privacy and ability to get away from the dynamic stress of an expedition. What are the differing thoughts out there? I remember my first long trip. It was a climbing road trip for six weeks between my junior and senior year of college. We only had my tiny tent, TNF Lunar Light. After two weeks we shared a mutual bad attitude as well because we just could not get away. Some groups,pairs are different. Obviously family groups beat this rule but otherwise I think is pretty sound. Thoughts?
Our family of six has three tents--and two people in each, generally. It does make life a little more pleasant. Of course, when touring by bike, things would have to be a little different, as you have a new set of constraints...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts