Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a beautiful morning. It had rained the night before and we were worried it might spoil our ride, it didn't rain again, except for some slight spitting on the way home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
About an hour into our journey, after stopping to take some photos, I got a flat tyre on my bike...my husband fixed it. It was the first time we had changed a tyre, and inevitably we managed to get a crimp in it and blew another whole in it while pumping it up...LUCKY WE HAD TWO SPARES!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hunter valley, and the hume highway were remarkably well signed for bike riders, and there were bike paths everywhere...some where good.... some were not....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The morning only got better, the scenery was just gorgeous, and the ride was at an incredibly leisurely pace.
 

·
Resident Curmudgeon
Joined
·
11,979 Posts
Nice pics Peter. Where is this?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Was it really that empty?

Peter5 said:
The morning only got better, the scenery was just gorgeous, and the ride was at an incredibly leisurely pace.
Looks like you had the place to yourself (except for that guy of course).

Nothing like a nice ride before breakfast!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MB1 said:
Looks like you had the place to yourself (except for that guy of course).

Nothing like a nice ride before breakfast!
That guy was my husband!

Yes it really was that empty, the vineyards is a tourist area, but everything opens around 9am, and doesn't really get started until around 11am. Plus it was a weekday and we left at 7am.

Although we had intend on taking a main road to a neighbouring town, however that main road had far too many trucks on it for my liking. Aside from that road, the vineyards was quiet and picturesque. A few cars passed us when we were fixing our flat tyre, that was it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Peter5 said:
That guy was my husband!

Yes it really was that empty, the vineyards is a tourist area, but everything opens around 9am, and doesn't really get started until around 11am. Plus it was a weekday and we left at 7am.

Although we had intend on taking a main road to a neighbouring town, however that main road had far too many trucks on it for my liking. Aside from that road, the vineyards was quiet and picturesque. A few cars passed us when we were fixing our flat tyre, that was it.
Or you could be refering to the GIRL crossing the bridge...which is me :p
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top