Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are moving to the DC area next month and I am interested to know if there are any other cyclist there who are into loaded touring with kids as well? I have a two kid trek trailer we use here in Europe for touring and we are looking to link up with some other familes who might be into bike camping. If this sounds like your bag let me know! I have a four year old son and a two year old daughter so as a family we don't ride 150 mile weekend tours but still have a good time! [email protected]

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
We tour with the "Kids" all the time.

Of course since they are in their 20's and 30's it isn't exactly what you have in mind. Still the DC area ought to work for you pretty well as there are lots of safe, flat routes available.

I believe that the Potomac Pedalers Touring Club has quite a few parents who ride with their young children although it tends to change from year to year as kids grow and new families come along.

·
Registered
704 Posts
brad nicholson said:
We are moving to the DC area next month and I am interested to know if there are any other cyclist there who are into loaded touring with kids as well? I have a two kid trek trailer we use here in Europe for touring and we are looking to link up with some other familes who might be into bike camping. If this sounds like your bag let me know! I have a four year old son and a two year old daughter so as a family we don't ride 150 mile weekend tours but still have a good time! [email protected]
Save you looking - http://www.bikepptc.org/ Potomac Pedalers are abbout the biggest 'touring' club in the DC area, and there's a guy writes about riding around with his short people every month in the paper version of the mag. There's a fair number of trails around DC - Washington Area Bicycle Association is a good source of info for riding around at slower paces - http://www.waba.org/

If you really want to impress yourfour year old, there's the CSC Pro criterium on Memorial Weekend over in Clarendon too - give the little guy some indoctrination in real sport before he gets into ball-moving ;)

Welcome to the DC area rat-race !

Regards
Dereck
"Happiness would be DC in my rear-view mirror - for the last time" :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts