Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone here have one or have experience getting bikes into them? Seems like one advantage of that horrible blind spot in the rear is that it would make it less obvious to casual observers that you have some high end bikes in your vehicle. But how much room is there back there for bikes? Do you definitely have to fold the rear seats?

· Banned
1,317 Posts
w/ seats down you can prob fit 4 bikes inside.
w/ seats up you can prob fit 2 bikes in the rear.

whether or not you have to remove your front wheel should not influence your vehicle buying decision.

· Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
skyliner1004 said:
w/ seats down you can prob fit 4 bikes inside.
w/ seats up you can prob fit 2 bikes in the rear.

whether or not you have to remove your front wheel should not influence your vehicle buying decision.
Agreed about removing the front wheel. You think you can get two back there with the rear seats up?

· Registered
6 Posts
I wanted to rig some sort of quick release bracket to hold my bike upright inside my new FJ like I used to do in the bed of my old Tacoma. Turns out my 60cm road bike is just a little too tall and just a little too long unless I go diagonal. Resting the bike on its side, both wheels on and rear seats down works best. Decided to order a Thule T2 today for two-bike trips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.