Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read alot about track bikes and tracks and what not, heres my question. Where are these tracks at? i live in Orange County Ca, and i have never heard about anything like that around here. and if there are tracks, where are they and how do you get on em?
thanks

·
pinoy thunder
342 Posts
Encino track and ADT track.

ADT hosted the world championships earlier this year.

You take classes first and then get certified. Also, I think that you have to be at least a CAT 4.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
stihl said:

You take classes first and then get certified. Also, I think that you have to be at least a CAT 4.
You mean Cat4-Track, right? That would be what 'certified' means. - TF

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
stihl said:

I'm not sure if the Cat4 thing is true... How else are ya gonna get guys down to the track?

I WILL say that till I started racing cross I'd tell people 'track racing is the hardest thing I've done on two wheels... and the most fun at the same time!' Expect to hurt. Lots.

There's a track in Sandy Eggo that guys go down to to race as well. Tues Night Racing started at the time change. (boy do I miss it!) Sandy Eggo's track is easier to learn racing on than Encino's cause everything takes longer to develop. Encino = 250m. Sandy Eggo = 333m.

There's classes at both tracks. Highly recommend that you take one! The track's not HARD to ride, but you do have to know what you're doing to be safe.

Let us know how it turns out!

M

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
I'm not sure if the Cat4 thing is true... How else are ya gonna get guys down to the track?
As said above, most (if not all) tracks offer classes to non-licensed beginning riders. Some tracks have loaner bikes, others allow road bikes at certain times just to get people onto the track. Track racing suffered a serious decline a few years ago, so track managers started thinking up ways to get "guys down to the track."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.