Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody done the trade in bike deal with Litespeed, Merlin? Could you provide details about how it works, if you were pleased, or felt screwed? I am probably going to do it (have a 2000 DA9 Tuscany) for a Merlin.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Excellent experience

lav25 said:
Has anybody done the trade in bike deal with Litespeed, Merlin? Could you provide details about how it works, if you were pleased, or felt screwed? I am probably going to do it (have a 2000 DA9 Tuscany) for a Merlin.
I traded in a 2000 LS Classic for a 2003 Merckx Majestic (A Classic with Merckx geometry) through River City Bicycles in TN. I couldn't be happier. The guys at RCB were great. I emailed them an accurate description of my bike (warts and all) and told them the bike I was looking to buy. They responded within a day with excellent prices (trade-in value and sale price). I sent the bike out to their shop and they confirmed the trade-in price originally quoted. They built up my bike exactly the way I asked with a nice throw-in.

When I checked the re-sale price of my old bike on their website a week later, it was fair and I felt great about the deal.

I would not hesitate to recommend the trade-in deal as long as the shop can get you what you're looking for and I would heartily recommend RCB.

Good luck.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
How does THAT work???

Is it any bikes, or just old Litespeed or Merlin stuff?

·
Registered
21,585 Posts
In theory, it's any bike

"Custom" is one of the choices. They send you to a web site (tradeinbike.com?) and you put in the information about the frame, components, fork, wheels, and age. I tried to price out my wife's old steel custom built, and I got a 3 page error message. Don't know if the site was just funky at the moment or it was barfing because of all the non-standard information I put in.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Not sure

funknuggets said:
Is it any bikes, or just old Litespeed or Merlin stuff?
Thecnically, I think an ABG bike (LS, Merlin, QR, etc.) has to be part of the deal as the trade-in or trade-for. In my case, it was both since the Majestic is made by LS. The guys at RCB were pretty flexible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts