Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know of none, but I'm perfectly willing to start a rumor that there are indeed rumors involving certain riders moving from certain teams to certain other teams tentatively set to occur at an undisclosed time, according to unnamed sources.
And you can take that to the BANK!

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
I count Three

tinkerbeast said:
saxo or rabo?
or Santander, which has also been mentioned.

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
SRAM will be the main sponsor for the Luxo-Team

·
Administrator
12,954 Posts
roadie92 said:
Anyone have any news on the luxembourg team the Schlecks' are going to "supposively" join?
Not join, start and own I thought.

·
Administrator
12,954 Posts
weltyed said:
maybe team building activities will include lessons on how to shift properly.
The Zen of Cross-Chaining.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Andy Schleck confirmed he and Frank are leaving Saxo, didn't mention where they will sign but it's not too hard to figure out.

I think Contador will end up with Riis. If not I think Riis' head will explode with such force it will be seen from space.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
terzo rene said:
Andy Schleck confirmed he and Frank are leaving Saxo, didn't mention where they will sign but it's not too hard to figure out.

I think Contador will end up with Riis. If not I think Riis' head will explode with such force it will be seen from space.
SRAM would be the most ironic sponsor for the Andy and Frank show - but I hope it comes together for them. Andy seems like a good kid - and if Frank can stay healthy, perhaps the brothers can share the 2011 TdF podium with Conti? That would be great for their new team - even if Conti is in yellow again as one can probably expect.

Re. Riis' head: If Conti does not sign with Riis Cycling - that would suck, but Riis seems to have a good eye for cycling talent and I am sure he will put a competitive team together in short order - I suspect other riders are holding out to see where Conti signs.

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
Well, I wish the Schlecks all the luck in the world, but unless this new team turns out to be RS in disguise, I can't see a team starting from scratch being a contender next year.

No rumours regarding Spartacus?

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
WeakMite said:
An interesting quote from Andy on their departure from Saxo Bank

"We're not going to stay. We're going to leave at the end of the year. All the doubts and news about us racing in the same team as Contador are now finished. We're not going to continue."

www.cyclingnews.com/news/schlecks-and-riis-part-company
OOH- did Andy-Panda let the cat out of the bag?

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Panda bears all?

RRRoubaix said:
OOH- did Andy-Panda let the cat out of the bag?
Somebody should. Would be nice to hear not only where Conti will be, but also - officially - who Riis' new sponsors will be.

But no, that could also be what Andy is hearing - the same rumours as the rest of us.

BTW - Is this news (Schlecks leaving Riis Cycling)? I thought it was established before the TdF that Andy and Frank were leaving to form their new team in Luxembourg.

What's the "Panda" reference to?

·
Registered
650 Posts
scott sunderland to ds new schleck team along with half the old csc ds guys. G Thomas to move across as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts