Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stem I am using is a 120mm Specialized Pro, 3D forged alloy, 31.8mm bar clamp, 4-position adjustable, 4-bolt stem and it is a bit long for me. I am interested in trading it for a 110mm stem of the same kind. My stem came on a '05 Specialized Comp.
thanks for reading

·
Registered
169 Posts
I agree. I had to jump 20mm to get a significant difference in feel . I went the opposite direction from 100 to 120. After trying a 110 stem and realizing I'd gained very little if anything, I went for the 120. The LBS ( where I purchased my Roubaix Comp. ) did the swap out at no charge after 6 months.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
SenorBlanco said:
I've got this same stem, anyone have any idea how to adjust it? It says 4 position, but I can only see two (flipping it over and standard). What am I missing?
There should be an insert that spins freely on the inside of the stem. The part of it that sits on the headset spacers is eccentric and it has 2 positions. These 2 positions, in addition to flipping it over, equals your 4 positions.
Lou.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.