Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at new cars and am considering the Honda CRV but am wondering about how to carry my bike(s). Right now I have a Thule trailer hitch rack mounted to my Ford Explorer and while I'm looking forwarding to trading in the Ford, I'm very happy with the rack. Ideally, I'd install a trailer hitch on the CRV and put the rack on that. Does anyone else have the CRV with a trailer hitch rack? Does it work? Can you open the tailgate with the rack tilted down?

The other obvious choice would be a roof rack system, but I'm trying to maximize fuel efficiency.

Thanks for your help.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,513 Posts
GMS65 said:
I'm looking at new cars and am considering the Honda CRV but am wondering about how to carry my bike(s). Right now I have a Thule trailer hitch rack mounted to my Ford Explorer and while I'm looking forwarding to trading in the Ford, I'm very happy with the rack. Ideally, I'd install a trailer hitch on the CRV and put the rack on that. Does anyone else have the CRV with a trailer hitch rack? Does it work? Can you open the tailgate with the rack tilted down?

The other obvious choice would be a roof rack system, but I'm trying to maximize fuel efficiency.

Thanks for your help.
We don't have a CRV. But what we do have is a Toyota Prius, and a Rhode Gear rack. If you take out the cotter pin and swing down the rack you can easily open the trunk. If your Thule has something similar, it can do the same with the CRV, I'm sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.