Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a trainer that is a good one but i want to be able to see my speed and how far i have gone. My speed sensor is on my front wheel. I was thinking of gettin a trainer with the remote display but i dont want to pay 300$ for it. Any ideas of what i should do? Also is there any kind of device i could attach to my trainer so i can get a readout of my ride?

·
Does it matter?
751 Posts
rider22 said:
I want to buy a trainer that is a good one but i want to be able to see my speed and how far i have gone. My speed sensor is on my front wheel. I was thinking of gettin a trainer with the remote display but i dont want to pay 300$ for it. Any ideas of what i should do? Also is there any kind of device i could attach to my trainer so i can get a readout of my ride?
computer with a rear wheel pick up. Cateye Atrale comes to mind....

·
Registered
60 Posts
I picked up a Cateye Double wireless for less than $100 on E-bay. I also found one at or around the same price on an online retailer site as well. I use it on a trainer and so far I like the computer just fine.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Spintogrin said:
I picked up a Cateye Double wireless for less than $100 on E-bay. I also found one at or around the same price on an online retailer site as well. I use it on a trainer and so far I like the computer just fine.
This is a great way to go for the trainer. Get your speed, distance, and more importantly, work on cadence.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sigma also. Well under $100 (like $40). Comes with cadence and the usual functions. $5 more for the rear wheel sensor. Aceman

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Cateye Atrale is very easy and very cheap. Good overall computer for everyday rides also.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Get a Kurt Kinetic trainer and buy the Kurt Kinetic computer together with it. It hooks up to the rear wheel, and in addition to regular computer functions, when you're on the trainer, it can give you power/watt readings! I just bought myself the set up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Rollers!!!

If you get rollers instead of a rear-wheel trainer, you can use whatever computer you want because the front wheels spins, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts