Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Kurt Kinetic road machine trainer and used it for a little bit. A couple things I noticed and not sure if they're normal, can anyone confirm?

1) Whenever I exert force on the pedal there seems to be a little bit of slippage. I tightened it a little and it's now more difficult to cause the slippage but still there if I try. Can I tighten it some more to get to a point where it does not slip at all and not damage anything?
2) I don't expect the trainer to be silent when used, but I'm not sure how loud it should be. I hear some hissing noise, sounds like dragging a piece of rather heavy object on the carpet. Is this the normal sound from the kurt trainer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I experienced the same 'slippage' (squeak) when I first used the trainer. I called up the company and was put through to one of the techs there. Very nice guy and offered lots of advice and pointers. Anyway, as far as the slippage goes, he said to tighten up the resistance unit more than the specified two complete turns. He said it wouldnt't affect the ride or wear on the tire. I still get some squeaking but use it as a guide to better spinning.

Not sure what the hissing noise is other than possibly the tire touching the rug. Look at the leg movement options to see if changing the position of the leg would raise the bike more. It also could be the tire tread against the resistance unit. Give the company a call if those ideas don't work.

Enjoy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts