Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to buy a trainer and i was looking at the travel trac mag force with the electronic display. Has anyone had this trainer or had a Travel Trac product. Any info will help. Also, what trainers do yall recommend

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've only used the Performance Century Fluid trainer and am waiting for my Cycle-Ops fluid to show up. I'd recommend getting one with an easily adjustable entry/exit mechanism. The Performance one requires you to turn a handle forever and is difficult to get tight enough that it feels secure on your hub/skewer...which is why I'm upgrading to the cyclops...

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,401 Posts
I've got the previous version that had the fluid resistance unit with the display. After a few weeks, I didn't bother with the display anymore. I would advise passing on that item and getting the adjustable fluid Travel Trak. Fluid units are always more smooth than mag units. The resistance with it set on minimum is much higher than the resistance that the non-adjustable fluid unit has. In fact, it's resistance is more than you feel on the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts