Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old POS trainer took a crap...it still works but is so loud, I have the TV on loud enough to hear outside with all the doors closed, and I can barely hear the TV....It's a cheap POS mag unit with poor cooling.....my point is, I'm thinking of purchasing something better, as with a baby on the way, I have a feeling, that even this summer, I will be doing a fair amount of riding indoors... :( ....I have the opportunity to buy a Cyclops Fluid Trainer, or I can save about 50 bucks and buy a Kurt Kinetic Fluid Trainer.....any advice?

·
Registered
320 Posts
physasst said:
My old POS trainer took a crap...it still works but is so loud, I have the TV on loud enough to hear outside with all the doors closed, and I can barely hear the TV....It's a cheap POS mag unit with poor cooling.....my point is, I'm thinking of purchasing something better, as with a baby on the way, I have a feeling, that even this summer, I will be doing a fair amount of riding indoors... :( ....I have the opportunity to buy a Cyclops Fluid Trainer, or I can save about 50 bucks and buy a Kurt Kinetic Fluid Trainer.....any advice?
As far as I can tell the Kinetic is better. They have a sealed resistance unit that is driven by magnets, so it won't leak at the axle. I've got one and really like it. If it's 50 bucks cheaper, I say it's a no brainer.

·
Registered
804 Posts
feathers mcgraw said:
As far as I can tell the Kinetic is better. They have a sealed resistance unit that is driven by magnets, so it won't leak at the axle. I've got one and really like it. If it's 50 bucks cheaper, I say it's a no brainer.
Ditto the comment on the Kinetic

We've got both in our house the the Kurt rd machine is a much nicer unit. We've had no problems with the Fluid and the fluid is better to haul around to races due to the design but the Kurt has a nicer feel when you're on it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Get the Kinetic. I have one and it is awsome. I have roughly 250 hrs on mine with now problems. I have heard the same thing about cycle-ops as feathers mcgraw, that it leaks. When I bought my Kinetic it 50 more then the cycle-ops.

Chris

·
Registered
174 Posts
You may like it, Fevvas, but the important question here is whether Sofie likes it or not, though.

(Pardon me, folks: inside joke here.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts