Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recovering from a nasty bout with the flu (i think) which has already idled me for 2wks. I was following a periodization plan that had me in the 11-13hr range prior to getting sick. Not sure if I should pick up where I left off, scale back for a period, or some other alternative. Anybody have experience with similar situation and what worked/didn't? Thanx.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,882 Posts
you probably haven't lost any base, but if you were on a "build" or intensity block you might want to ease into it a little.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Ramp it up

If you were wiped out for two weeks, I would take a week to ramp back up to where you were. If, after a couple of days, you're feeling fine, then ramp it up faster.

·
50ft. Queenie
1,154 Posts
Kerry Irons said:
If you were wiped out for two weeks, I would take a week to ramp back up to where you were. If, after a couple of days, you're feeling fine, then ramp it up faster.
personally, i would go back & redo the week you did 2 weeks before getting sick...
ie: if you did 13 the week before sick, and 11 the week before that....
then go back & start at 11.

just what i would do. the risk of overdoing it on your first week or two back is far greater than any fitness you would loose by cutting your hours back a tad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts