Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good book they would like to recommend (or loan) for training?

I'm not looking to race but I just want to get faster. I've made quite a bit of progress this year but I've hit a plateau lately. I know some of the biggest parts of training is to have a goal to shoot for and I have one in mind. I found this one and it looked pretty good but it focuses a lot on power output using a power meter. I'm not riding with a power meter (nor can I afford one). I think I just want to find something on interval training.

Any recommendation would be appreciated...

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Road Bikers Training Bible, great stuff that a lot of cycling coaches draw from. Really fast group rides/interval sessions are also really good for increasing top end performance.

Field tests uphill are also pretty good. Power meters are great tools, but if you are getting faster A to B, you are putting out more power. We are starting group workouts on the bike in a few weeks that will entail hill repeats, interval sessions and a few other ways to "enjoy" yourself on the bike.

PM me a line if you are interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.