Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am training for a MS 150 (100mi day one; 50 mi day two). I am following a 10 week plan from Bicycling Mag - pretty straight forward. I am concerned about making sure that I am prepared for the second day's ride. How should I adjust my training to account for the second day?

Thanks

· Registered
453 Posts
If you get through the first day alright and rest up that night (sleep a lot, eat as much as you need, don't go party and consume too much alcohol, etc...) then the second day (50 miles) should be a breath of fresh air.

Partying is always fun though...

· Registered
4,838 Posts
rs1115 said:
I am training for a MS 150 (100mi day one; 50 mi day two). I am following a 10 week plan from Bicycling Mag - pretty straight forward. I am concerned about making sure that I am prepared for the second day's ride. How should I adjust my training to account for the second day?

Thanks

My ex gf who only road 20 miles 2 weeks before a ms150 (75/75) ride survived. I road my mountain bike as a challenge. Just keep turning the pedals over.

I had 'overtrained' for it. It was very flat.

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
By riding "long" on Saturday, and shorter on Sunday. If you can ride 60 miles with ease, ride 60 on Saturday, then 40-50 on Sunday. Each week, kick up the milage a little, until you can do 75 on Saturday, and 50 on Sunday. If you can do 75 miles, 100 miles is only a little harder. (unless it's 98 degrees, and 25 mph winds)

· Registered
1,175 Posts
I thought I was all trained up for the Tampa to Orlando one this year....till the 20mph headwind for the first 86miles! I couldn't even spell tired after that.....

Eat a lot, drink a lot of Gatorade, bring food and plenty of tubes and a pump....you'll be fine.

BTW, averaged over 21mph for 86 miles on the way home with that tailwind!

Flash

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.