Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the word on "2 a day" training sessions? I know runners do them quite a bit. I'm just wondering if cyclists do this or if it is even recommended...how often per week...how hard to ride...etc..?

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
There's good things and bad things about em... Commuters do em allatime!

I'd check out Joel Friel's book. Has LOTS of good info in there.

Quick synapsis of my own experience: use one of the rides as a toodle (AM) and the other as a workout (PM) The rules of training still apply: 90/10. Only 10% of your riding time should be spent above your LT. Make that 10% count!

HTH,

M

·
Registered
277 Posts
this is a relative question. How much time do you have in the AM and in the PM? What intensity do you want to be training at? What are your riding/racing goals? What are your strengths/weaknesses?

But yes, 2 a days can be a great way train.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,801 Posts
Well

The Carlster said:
this is a relative question. How much time do you have in the AM and in the PM? What intensity do you want to be training at? What are your riding/racing goals? What are your strengths/weaknesses?

But yes, 2 a days can be a great way train.

Still being relatively new to cycling/racing, I don't the exact implications for a cyclist, but in soccer we did them all summer. They are good, especially if weight loss/fitness is your goal because you keep your metabolism jacked up for a much longer stretch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.