Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at the The Cyclists Training Bible by Joe Friel and it has road base period for someone under 50 years of age.

See: http://home.trainingpeaks.com/training-and-nutrition-plans/training-plans/joe-friel.aspx?l=3599

My question is, this plan says "This plan is intended for the under-age-50 cyclist who has been racing for two or more years. To start this plan you should be able to train about 8 hours a week."

What plan am I supposed to do if I'm not there yet?

Last week I road 83.59 miles in 5 hours and 59 mins. I road 5 days last week.

Where do I find a program for me? Or should I just keep riding and not worry about a program?

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,576 Posts
gigemaggs99 said:
So I'm looking at the The Cyclists Training Bible by Joe Friel and it has road base period for someone under 50 years of age.

See: http://home.trainingpeaks.com/training-and-nutrition-plans/training-plans/joe-friel.aspx?l=3599

My question is, this plan says "This plan is intended for the under-age-50 cyclist who has been racing for two or more years. To start this plan you should be able to train about 8 hours a week."

What plan am I supposed to do if I'm not there yet?

Last week I road 83.59 miles in 5 hours and 59 mins. I road 5 days last week.

Where do I find a program for me? Or should I just keep riding and not worry about a program?
is 6hrs/wk your average? Can you do the same program but hack off 25% of the volume for each week/ride?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what my average is. I did the week 1 of century training (strength to spare) workout I found in Bicycling magazine. It's a 10 week program. I'm just not sure it's for me. I had to skip Sunday's ride b/c I was worn out from Saturday's 40 mile ride. The 40 miles weren't too hard, it was the 28mph winds gusting to 32mph that killed me on the way back home. I was moving it out with the tailwind, the headwind kicked my butt. :mad2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts