Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No I didn't fall off and break any bones, I'm just old. This weekend my oldest daughter came home for Father's Day. She decides it would be fun to go to a local indoor trampoline place. I figure, how could this possibly go wrong? Well, the whole bouncy thing is harder than I thought. They have a basketball dunk station. I missed the timing of the bounce and pinned the ball on the rim. My momentum kept me moving forward twisting my back in an unnatural position for a 50+ person. I finished out our time not wanting my daughter to know her Dad is super old. I'm now medicating with gin and hoping I'll be OK to ride by tomorrow

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
We have one of these at home, complete with the BB thingie. I can't wait to get rid of it. My insurance agent wanted to know, when we were getting homeowner's insurance, whether we had any vicious dogs or trampolines.

Ours has a safety net all around. As you discovered, it doesn't keep you from getting injured within the perimeter. Hope you recover quickly.

·
Never Give Up!
1,241 Posts
DaveG: Hope you recover well and soon...

We have one at home too, I never feel the same when getting off. Lower back feels out of alignment, the girls use it for training on a regular biases - aerials, flips etc..

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I was offered a nice one for free years ago and I turned it down. One of the co-workers was amazed that I did not want it since I had kids. I told her a trampoline would be great fun and then it would all end when we headed to the ER. Anyway I avoided the broken bone ER adventure which was a good choice.

·
Huge in Japan
456 Posts
I was offered a nice one for free years ago and I turned it down. One of the co-workers was amazed that I did not want it since I had kids. I told her a trampoline would be great fun and then it would all end when we headed to the ER. Anyway I avoided the broken bone ER adventure which was a good choice.
My cousin was given a free one probably over 12 years ago. He didn't think it would last this long, he gave it maybe a year or two lol. No one has been hurt (badly) but he's been mowing around that blasted thing for over 12 years now.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I have neighbors on each side of my house with trampolines. I suppose if I had kids, and liked it to be quiet inside the house, that I might buy a trampoline.

However, I have no kids, and wish that it was quiet when I'm outside...

*sigh*, at least it keeps them off my lawn.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
An old saying I've heard: A trampoline is an orthopedic surgeons best friend.
Probably true. Its been 4 days and I still haven't been able to get back on the bike. We've had good weather this week which makes it more of a kick in the groin. I feel like I am one step away from needing one of those "help I've fallen and I can't get up" things

1 - 11 of 11 Posts