Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
I just bought a crankset from him. It was a good price on a satisfactory item. I think the item was used a little more than he said it was and his packaging job could have been better (cranks and BB were left to rattle around in a box with only plastic bags over the items to protect them--no padding). It was a great price, though, and he communicated well--even with a USPS shipping pick up issue. (don't ever have them pick up at your house). He lives in CA. I haven't emailed him this feedback yet, so I appoligize Kai if you are just reading this!

I was comfortable dealing with him because I googled his name and found his place of residence matched what he said and there are a lot of links with his name in bike races/triathlons which matched something he mentioned in his ad. I recommend anyone purchasing from someone to do some extra due diligence like this--especially if you have any bad feeling about a seller. Posting on this forum is not a bad idea either!

Mageever

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mageever said:
I just bought a crankset from him. It was a good price on a satisfactory item. I think the item was used a little more than he said it was and his packaging job could have been better (cranks and BB were left to rattle around in a box with only plastic bags over the items to protect them--no padding). It was a great price, though, and he communicated well--even with a USPS shipping pick up issue. (don't ever have them pick up at your house). He lives in CA. I haven't emailed him this feedback yet, so I appoligize Kai if you are just reading this!

I was comfortable dealing with him because I googled his name and found his place of residence matched what he said and there are a lot of links with his name in bike races/triathlons which matched something he mentioned in his ad. I recommend anyone purchasing from someone to do some extra due diligence like this--especially if you have any bad feeling about a seller. Posting on this forum is not a bad idea either!

Mageever

Thanks very much for the input--I googled his name as well, and looked like he raced a fair amount around southen cal. He always seems to have high-end zipp wheels for sale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.