Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
go up
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received officially, but not written into stone, date for my sons second bone marrow transplant. We will be in Chapel Hill, NC on March 1st, crank things up on the 2nd and transplant on the 14th. He is doing well. . . better than I would be anyway. . .he's just wanting to get things rolling so it can be behind him.

I never found any hills to ride around there last time; any suggestions would be welcome?!!??? I'll be looking for some folks to ride with too!

I was going to say a lot more but don't feel much like it right now. . . maybe later.

You folks stay well!

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
deadlegs said:
Just received officially, but not written into stone, date for my sons second bone marrow transplant. We will be in Chapel Hill, NC on March 1st, crank things up on the 2nd and transplant on the 14th. He is doing well. . . better than I would be anyway. . .he's just wanting to get things rolling so it can be behind him.

I never found any hills to ride around there last time; any suggestions would be welcome?!!??? I'll be looking for some folks to ride with too!

I was going to say a lot more but don't feel much like it right now. . . maybe later.

You folks stay well!

All the best, Legs. All the best. Seems like the young ones are always the brave ones, too. I damn near burst into tears if my dog gets a thorn in his paw. I would be a mess.
Again, all the best.

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
deadlegs said:

You folks stay well!
PM me if you're interested...I know a good hilly 15 mile loop in Durham about 10 mins from UNC that we can do multiple times. It's mainly rolling with some minor hills. We've got a few that ride it once/week. Let me know if you want to blow off some steam with it...more importantly, good luck with the procedures.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Positive thoughts to Legs Jr, and hugs to you both.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
I'll be thinking of you & Legs Jr.

Man I don't know what I'd do if one of my kids was sick. God bless.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Mike, my heart is with you both, and your family. please let me know if there is any way i can help.

Jeff

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
Hang in there...

May the powers that be watch over you, your family and especially your son.

Cheers,

EDB

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Good luck to the both of you. My prayers go with you.

Sean

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Couple of kids doing great 22 years after...

FWIW--not much, I know--my son was diagnosed with leukemia in 1983, just before his third birthday. He didn't need a transplant, thank God, but a couple of the kids he met in the hospital had them in 1984 and '85. I still correspond with the parents occasionally, and both are doing well, in their mid- to late 20s.
Doesn't make your life easier right now, I realize, but there is often a happy end to these things. My son just turned 25 and is working as an editor at a newspaper in California. Everybody on the board is pulling for both of you.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
A cold day in Hell

You won't hear this too often from a Duke alumnus: Go Tarheels (at least those who will be treating your son). My thoughts are with you.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,224 Posts
It is a heavy thing, and a burden you wish you could take from him, but you can't. Best wishes from me to you and yours in this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts