Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Travel at Your Own Risk

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  10ae1203 
#1 ·
That's got to be a good sign less than five miles into a ride, right?

IT got better, though. The fresh oil and stones only lasted a few miles, and later I got some chocolate shoo fly pie and home made lemonade.

If you think shoo fly pie is good (and I do), you should try it this new and improved way. Mm-mm-good.

#8 ·
The Acme pic reminds me of the time when I convinced my then ~7-year old sister to ask for an Acme truck for Christmas. Also, you must have nerves of steel to ride on that shoulder chip-seal. Then again, riding in the middle would've been even worse, so...

Thanks once again!

#14 ·
Gotta watch out for those crazy buggy drivers. That no private drive sign was great.

#15 ·
Oh Crud, you coulda been killed

:D

Just saw this article in the news. You were riding at your own risk!

MEADVILLE, Pa. — A motorcylist is dead after an accident with a Amish buggy in northwestern Pennsylvania.

Police say a group of Amish people fishing at Pymatuning State Park had their horse tied up on Friday night. But the horse broke loose and pulled the buggy onto Route 6 east of Linesville, in Crawford County. The unlighted buggy collided with a motorcycle operated by 42-year-old Duane Forsythe of Beaver Falls.

Forsythe was killed. His passenger, 44-year-old Catherine Fosnaught, also of Beaver Falls, was injured. The horse wasn't hurt.

#16 ·
Ridgetop said:
Police say a group of Amish people fishing at Pymatuning State Park had their horse tied up on Friday night. But the horse broke loose[/B]
Good grief, I know from when I grew up in PA that they were required to have lights, orange triangles, etc., on their buggies to use roads for transportation. But do they typically carry liability insurance? Or is the motorcycle driver at fault here? What a train wreck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.