Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Calm like a Bomb..
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am taking a few day trip out to Aspen June 18th and it seems there may still be snow which will kill my MTB plans. So I figured I would find some nice road rides. I am from florida so nothing to killer as far as hills and my girlfriend will be riding a hybrid so no 50 mile trips. Can anyone recommend some decent rides with some nice sites?

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
There's a new bike path from town all the way to Glenwood Springs. "Must do" rides are to the Maroon Bells, Ashcroft and Independence Pass (even if you do part of it, its awesome). You can also ride to Woody Creek and Basalt via McLain Flats. Once you get to Aspen, stop at Aspen Velo (right in town) or one of the other shops. They'll show you the routes.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well covered by Mootsie. None of the Aspen area climbs are going to be easy for a beginner on a hybrid, but the Maroon Bells is probably the easiest and so worth the effort. I love riding there, even cruising town is nice for coffee or a cocktail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.