Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I road race and do all distance tri's, I wanted to pick up a treadmill to mix in some variety in the winter. I would like to be able to do transitions in the basement between the trainer and treadmill. Any advice on which model would help. I'm look for something to be quality and most important durable, It will be used almost daily 5-10 miles. $1500 is what I would like to spend. Again build quality is more important than any fancey features. I was looking at the SMOOTH brand?

Thanks

·
Diesel
80 Posts
salty pirate said:
I road race and do all distance tri's, I wanted to pick up a treadmill to mix in some variety in the winter. I would like to be able to do transitions in the basement between the trainer and treadmill. Any advice on which model would help. I'm look for something to be quality and most important durable, It will be used almost daily 5-10 miles. $1500 is what I would like to spend. Again build quality is more important than any fancey features. I was looking at the SMOOTH brand?

Thanks
I bought a TRUE HR450 treadmill for my wife about 8 years ago and we've been very happy with it. She has put thousands of miles on it and has not had one problem. It was a bit on the expensive side $2800 iin 98' but it's been well worth it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
salty pirate said:

Thanks
This months Consumer Reports rates treadmills. The top rated and a best buy below $1500 is a Vision Fitness T9200. It might be worth a look at the magazine.

TH

·
Registered
5 Posts
The best information I have found

Is the websight treadmilldoctor.com. Offers excellent advise on what to look for and has just about every brand available listed. I have spent a great deal of time doing research and was looking at a purchasing a sole model. I instead bought a bike (cervelo soloist). Good luck on your search and please post what you ended up getting and how you like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts