Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post. Did some reading among the stickies and plan on doing some more reading. I am currently looking at the Trek 1.2 bikes and was wondering if I should look at other offerings instead? I plan to use the bike 15-20 mile one way (or 30-40 miles in a day)... Any reason why I should not be looking at this bike?

Cheers!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Commuter?
Will you want/need fenders?
Braze on for racks and such?
There are lots of commuting specific on the market that may be more appropriate, and maybe even less expensive.

How many shops do you have within a reasonable drive?

Go to all of them, tell them your needs and goals.
Test ride the bike they recommend.
If the shop is big with many employees, go back more than once and talk to a different sales person.
Buy the one you like the best.
It also always helps to feel comfortable with shop and the people that work in it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the idea. I still have to work up my mileage before I can reach that mileage but I am using a cheap Target 'mountain' bike right now....

I don't need fenders or any type of racks.... I know a lot of the commuter centric bikes are one speed (Like the Trek SoHo) but offer disc brakes..... I will deff. to head over to the LBS....just trying to have enough information before I get the sales talk.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.