Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I own a Trek 1600 and am happy with it overall. But I have been having a hard time trying to get reviews on this bike. I can pull up a ton of stuff on the 1500 but almost nothing on the 1600. Was this bike only offered on a limited basis for a short time? What the difference between the 1500 and the 1600? They look like the same bike to me. Or is this a Trek marketing ploy to lead one to think it has improved on their 1500?

·
haole from the mainland
5,966 Posts
If you're happy, what do the reviews matter? Trek has bike archives on its site. For 2007 the difference was the 1600 has 105 10 speed (Ultegra RD) and a double whereas the 1500 had 105 9 speed (old) triple.

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
Erm, you have the bike for so long now, so why do you keep on asking about reviews for your bike?

Are you gonna trash it if a select group of people say it sucks? Are you gonna buy another one if not?

Will you ride it less if people say it sucks?

Why bother? Seriously, it's way more beneficial to worry about less trivial things and just ride your bike.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I plan to ride it. I am just trying to figure out if there are components on it that I should swap out. For example, I dont think the brakes work that well. BUT this is my first bike and I have no frame of reference. Therefore the reviews /opinions will serve as my reference! Ok with you?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, nothing stamped on my brakes. So far this is my only issue with the bike. The only other problem I have is both wheels were out of True.. I can see this bike serving my needs for a while.

What kind of pads? Kool Stops?

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
Muaythaibike said:
Yea, nothing stamped on my brakes. So far this is my only issue with the bike. The only other problem I have is both wheels were out of True.. I can see this bike serving my needs for a while.

What kind of pads? Kool Stops?
Kool Stops indeed.

I dunno, I just get the impression you are trying to find a reason to regret your purchase and though you say you are happy with it, deep down, you wanna find something wrong.

Just what I think.

More importantly, just ride it. Wheel problem? Worst case, send it back to Bontrager via your LBS. And get new pads perhaps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My wife has a 1500 and there is no name on her brakes also.

Last week we went riding in the North Carolina mountains and my wife said that the brakes didn't brake to well going down those hills. So I just pur some Dura Ace pads in tonight. We'll see what difference they will make.

The rubber in the no name brakes were kinda hard. The Dura Ace pads are more flexible and softer. Guess that should make some difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.