Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
You got any chocolate?
94 Posts
I can't say that I am really too fond of the color schemes for 2009. The colored cabling really throws me for a curve. Guess I'm getting old!! After seeing these 2009 bikes, I now love my 2008 5.2 even more. I am looking forward to seeing the 2009 TT line-up as that is what I am now saving for. And at the rate I can save, it will look like a 2010 model for me.

·
08 Madone 5.2 Rider
225 Posts
Tinshield said:
Just ordered a 08 5.2 I can't pay for but the discount was in the $1000 range from 08 retail. Black looks better too!

:eek:

Hey, wait a minute, Tinshield! I haven't yet put my money down on my 08 5.2 but I will very, very soon...so where did you order yours? What was the price again? My best price from the LBS is $3299.:cryin:

I really need to order from yours if it is grand off!

dave

·
Registered
503 Posts
tg3895 said:
I can't say that I am really too fond of the color schemes for 2009. The colored cabling really throws me for a curve. Guess I'm getting old!! After seeing these 2009 bikes, I now love my 2008 5.2 even more. I am looking forward to seeing the 2009 TT line-up as that is what I am now saving for. And at the rate I can save, it will look like a 2010 model for me.
Im with you TG, I love my 08 even more now that I've seen the possible color combo for the
09s. Ours are so understated!! You riding the North Fork Century? If so send me a private message and maybe we can meet up and ride a bit.

·
Internets User
69 Posts
dave_gt said:
:eek:

Hey, wait a minute, Tinshield! I haven't yet put my money down on my 08 5.2 but I will very, very soon...so where did you order yours? What was the price again? My best price from the LBS is $3299.:cryin:

I really need to order from yours if it is grand off!

dave
Well, I will tell you this. Trek is blowing out their remaining stock to dealers and there is not much left. Obviously if an LBS already has the bike in stock than they paid more for the bike when they got it. Getting mine from an LBS that I've been doing business with for a long time and I've bought many, many bikes from.

·
You got any chocolate?
94 Posts
08Madone5.2 said:
Im with you TG, I love my 08 even more now that I've seen the possible color combo for the
09s. Ours are so understated!! You riding the North Fork Century? If so send me a private message and maybe we can meet up and ride a bit.

No, I won't be riding the North Fork Century. I will be doing the Escape New York ride on Sept. 20 out of the city though. Hopefully, we will hook up soon for a ride.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
08Madone5.2 said:
Mine screams "GET OUTTA MY WAY!!!!!!!!"

That or it is my huffing, puffing, weezing and coughing that does the trick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just received an email from my LBS saying that Trek notified them their '09's would not be delivered until mid-October. I have a great LBS and a pretty good relationship with them so I assume this must be fairly accurate (I don't know if this is the whole line or select models).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.