Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting a new bike... the two companies i am looking at are Trek and Felt. i can get a Trek 2200 or Felt F65 (carbon seat stays, ultegra) for about the same price, so i was wondering if anyone had expirence on either of these bikes... then my other choice, for $400 more, is the Felt F55 with full Dura Ace. my questions, which is better in opinions? also, is it worth it to pay $400 more for Dura Ace???

russell

·
Registered
432 Posts
russellhitchcock said:
i'm getting a new bike... the two companies i am looking at are Trek and Felt. i can get a Trek 2200 or Felt F65 (carbon seat stays, ultegra) for about the same price, so i was wondering if anyone had expirence on either of these bikes... then my other choice, for $400 more, is the Felt F55 with full Dura Ace. my questions, which is better in opinions? also, is it worth it to pay $400 more for Dura Ace???

russell
It is general knowledge that the top end of either Shimano or Campy is not as good a bang for the buck as the next rung down. You pay a price premium beyond what you get for your money. Ultegra is by-far the better value because you get essentially the same function and longevity without as much bling as Dura-Ace. The slight difference in weight and finish do not justify the great difference in price between the two groups.

Both Trek and Felt are excellent bikes. It does not boil down to which is best. It boils down to a personal choice only you can make. You must test ride both and choose which feels better to you. Hopefully you understand the importance of proper fit and are using a bike shop that does fit you well on a new bike, not simply adjusting your seat and checking you for standover.

·
Registered
21 Posts
russellhitchcock said:

russell

Just so you know, the F55 does not come with DA brakes......they use Tektro brakes to help offset the cost.

I agree that the Ultegra is better bang for the buck....for 95% of us.

mtnbikej

1 - 3 of 3 Posts