Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a Trek 5.2 madone and an Orbea Opal, both online in the 58/57 cm size range. Since I may not get a chance to test ride either one of these bikes before purchacing I was wonder what the concensus opinion was on how they compared. I am riding a Fuji team rc with full dura ace. I ride mainly for excersise and in group rides. Sometimes the rides are short, always flat (I live in Houston) say 30-40miles and sometimes they are long, 65 plus. I am not looking to race but I do want a light weight bike with good stability and some comfort. I plan to put a Campy Chorus groupo on the bike also so thats why I am going to probably get a used bike. Thanks for the response, Glen

· monkey with flamethrower
821 Posts
Its never a good idea to buy a used race bike. There is no style of riding that is more abusive than racing to a bicycle. What year is the Trek you are after. The new design of the Trek Madone is superb and is really one of the best riding bikes on the market. You have to make sure the bikes fit you properly, be aware that a 58 is not a 58. Every bike companies geometry is different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.