Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any input would help here....

I have been riding a Trek 1000 and it is time to upgrade. I have been looking at a number of bikes. I have reduced it to 2. The Trek 5000 and the Giant TCR 3. The difference in price is minimal, the Trek being about 70.00 more. I have been a loyal Trek rider, but I did like the ride of Giant.

Again, any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've owned a Trek 5200 and when I test rode a TCR for the first time, it felt more responsive for sure,but the handling was a bit nervous. Eventually settled on a Specialized Roubaix Comp. It had a nice lively feel similar to the TCR yet rode smoother and handled better than either the Trek or Giant in my opinion.

·
Registered
51 Posts
look out, an '06 Trek 5000 is NOT a Trek OCLV frame. Its got the same design as the classic frame, but its a different method of construction, i.e. not made by the dudes in Waterloo Wisconsin. Those TCR's are killer frames, btw. Trek's Madone frame is kind of cool, but I'd personally perfer a TCR to a Trek 5k.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
pick up a look of ebay. Way better than those two frames. Put all your old compenents on the look and you've got a bette bike that both of them. There are tons of looks on ebay right now due to veltec blowing out there inventory to ebay retailers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts