Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I am hoping to get some help on this one. I own a Trek 5900 USPS Superlite full dur-ace 9 speed bike. This bike is a 2003 and the size is a 52 cm. The bike has about 250 miles on it with a few minor scuffs not because I crashed. I did a few dualathons and during my training, the bike was on the ground as I started my run. I am interested in selling it because I am going to go back to running only. I have no idea what a good price would be for this bike. I am not interesting in selling it on ebay so just wondering what I should ask for it. I know it is a smaller frame so might be a little harder to sell. I would appreciate any help.

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
250 miles on a 2003?

must be stronger on the run.Anyway check Ebay out,I seem to recall the headset being a thorn in this bikes side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more info

I am a runner first and way stronger there than a biker. I had a kid after I got the bike and didn't have time to train anymore. The bike has hung in the garage since after the summer of 2004.. never taken off the hook. Time to get rid of it. Running comes easier for me so I need to focus there. THanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Just put it on eBay for $9.99. Pretty simple...it will sell for whatever the market will bear.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
one estimate

I've also got the same thing in a 56cm that I'm thinking about selling. There was one w/ Chorus on e-bay recently that looked well used for $1,800 that had no bids. I was thinking the same price for mine (9k miles, dura-ace) before I saw it. With only 250 mi, yours should defnitely be worth a few hundred more. For two grand, I'd recommend yours to a friend. If I had any.

About the headset reply, those came w/ Cane Creek s6. Just replace the bearings after about 5k miles. Never had a problem with the x-lite wheels either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts