Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I do not own a Crossrip, but after looking one over at the local shop I decided I had to have one. Unfortunately there are none available in my size. Guess I'll wait to see what happens to the Crossrip in 2014.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Trek did a soft launch on this line to see how the public will react with the demand since it is a new concept of having a urban, jack of all trades disc drop bar bike. It was hard getting a hold of one in my size which is supposedly should be a 54cm but when I found one in 56cm and gave it a test drive it seemed to fit comfortably. Comparing it with my 17.5 Mamba 29er, this bike feels smaller. I was surprise on the fit and I have no complaints except for the reach which is very minimal. BTW, I am 5'9 with an inseam of 30. It feels a tad bit long on the reach but with a simple swap of the stem it should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The crossrip at the shop is a 56cm as well. I did notice the bike has a long reach. I would be in between a 50 and a 54, but would want the 50 due to the shorter reach. I also have a 30 inseam but am 5'4. I hope the crossrip stays and has a few upgrades for 2014. I will definitely pick one up.

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
The crossrip at the shop is a 56cm as well. I did notice the bike has a long reach. I would be in between a 50 and a 54, but would want the 50 due to the shorter reach. I also have a 30 inseam but am 5'4. I hope the crossrip stays and has a few upgrades for 2014. I will definitely pick one up.
I normally ride a 53-54cm frame at 5'-8" and 30 pants inseam but when I checked the geo of the CrossRip I ordered the 50 because they have a long top tube.
Turned out to be the perfect size for me, couldn't be better. Once we adjusted the saddle the stock reach is perfect, couldn't be happier.

I might have been one of the first here to buy a crossrip and started this thread:
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sa...self-indulgent-weight-loss-thread-303635.html

I haven't added to my thread for a couple of weeks but plan to soon. Putting the finishing touches on the bike and need to take some pics.

I love my CrossRip and am glad to see that others like theirs too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just ordered a 2014 Crossrip LTD for my commuter / everything bike. Should arrive in a couple weeks. I hope it fits me comfortably since the LBS didn't have one for me to try. I'm 5'8", 32" inseam, I went with a 52 cm size.

Very excited to have 105 components and hydraulic disc brakes on this thing !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just ordered a 2014 Crossrip LTD for my commuter / everything bike. Should arrive in a couple weeks. I hope it fits me comfortably since the LBS didn't have one for me to try. I'm 5'8", 32" inseam, I went with a 52 cm size.

Very excited to have 105 components and hydraulic disc brakes on this thing !
Dont forget to post them pics =) dam 10spd 105... *DROOL!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a 2013 Crossrip elite. I added fenders for riding in bad weather, and speedplays so I can use the same road shoes I do with my other road bikes. Mine has seen a bunch of gravel roads and rainy training rides. Its been a welcome addition to my stable of bikes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My name is Doug. I'm a new member here. I actually found this forum while browsing for Crossrip reviews. I have a 2014 Crossrip LTD coming into my LBS tomorrow. ( 56 CM I'm 6'1" with a 32" inseam). I'll post again tomorrow if "it follows me home". :D

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
He did give me a fitting and I am actually that short. It does shock people but I am 5'5" with a 28" inseam.
What size is your bike?

I'm 5'8" with a 30" pants inseam and ride a 53-54cm diamond frame.

But in the CrossRip I had to buy the 50 because the effective top tube length is 54.6cm.
The dealer had to order mine and originally suggested a bigger size but I checked the geo online and told him I wanted the 50. Thankfully, it is the perfect size for me.

Edit: I have medium length legs and a long torso for my height.
My saddle is almost dead even with the top of the bars, with the stock stem.
With my hands on the top of the bars my back is at close to a 45 degree angle.

With your saddle that low it looks to me like you may be really stretched out.

Are you an experienced rider with lots of miles?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Crossrip's are super long for some reason. Makes me wonder what the engineers are smoking when they design some of these bikes. I would think on a crossrip you would want the geometery somewhere between a Crockett and a Domane.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.