Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that the 2016 Domane 4.5 (non-disc) is not among the standard list of Domane models on the Trek website. I did get a link via chat and see it is listed on a "hidden" page with an updated and lower price. My LBS has most sizes of the 4.5 on "closeout" pricing. It seems pretty early in the season to discontinue a model. Was there some design issue or other problem with this bike that should cause me to not consider it?

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
I've heard some pretty good things about it.

There's a new one coming out soon though.
It has direct mount brakes which are a slight upgrade.
It has further compliance and vibration dampening.
Most likely clearing out the old to bring in the new.
There's lots of pictures of the new one out there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks MMsRepBike! I did a quick Google but could only find photos of the currently available Domane 4.5. Is the "new one" you mention going to get a new number? Can you point me to the photos you mentioned? Finally ... I now see my LBS has most sizes of the 2016 Domane 5.2 on closeout pricing. Any rumors of a new version of the 5.2?

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
The new Domane is still a "secret" and not available for sale yet. Cancellara is riding it and winning on it though. It is a pretty neat new bike.

It'll be a while before all of the new features make their way down to the lower models but seeing how they are releasing a new top tier one that'll shake up the whole current lineup. No idea how they'll structure in the new one or what'll happen to the old ones, only time will tell. There will be sales though, that's for certain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.