Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd start a new thread on this. Does anyone know what the difference between the Trek FX series and their regular hybrid bikes is? People are telling me that the FX bikes are better for getting a workout with. I don't see much of a difference between them although I've been out of biking for years. I mainly want a bike for exercise.

· Registered
449 Posts
Either will get you in shape...

I took a quick look at these lines on Trek's site. Both would fit my definition of being "hybrid" bikes in that they fall somewhere between Mountain bikes and road bikes. The "FX" line leans a little more toward road design, with narrower tires, no suspension, slightly lower handelbars in relation to the seat.

The one that will give you the best exercise is the one you ride the most, so it really comes down to comfort and where you plan to ride. If you are going to be on paved roads and bike paths, and the FX is comfortable for you, it probably is a little more efficient for longer rides. But if you feel more comfortable with the wider tires, front suspension, etc., and/or plan to ride more dirt roads or unpaved bike paths, maybe the hybrid is the way to go. Try to test ride both and see what you think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.