Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also have the clear plastic tube removed from my 08 Madone I was told that it was used for cable routing and not for permanent installation. Also did you install the little rub stickers on your frame under the cables. My owners manual came with a sheet of clear decals with the new Trek logo on them or ones that said Madone on them to stick on to the frame.

Dennis

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Joker,

(sounds like Full metal jacket) Anyway they should have been in the bag that was on your bike with the owners manual. The stickers make sure that the cable housings to not mar or rub the clearcoat on the frame. I found mine when I registered my bike with Trek.
They also might help with the rattle a little bit.

Also did you guys bet the 2008 New Madone Assembly booklets with your bike? It shows how to run the cables in the top tube and all of that stuff. It also talks abou the bottom bracket and the headset.

Dennis

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here are some pics of my bike with the stickers installed you also get some madone stickers which I have put 2 of them on my bike. Also my cables are not crossed. In the second to last picture you can see how big the 28 tooth rear sprocket is on my bike. I had the shop install a Sram 1070 rear cassette with an 11-28 rear cassette so I have basically the same gearing as a triple. We have some nice size hills here in northern cali!

Later Dennis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.