Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking around for a sport touring rig to use as a commuter - and found this all built up with new components, yet to try it out. Brooks will probably get mounted and can't imagine the stem will stay - but will give it a try.

·
Unlabeled
3,720 Posts
bigman said:
Was looking around for a sport touring rig to use as a commuter - and found this all built up with new components, yet to try it out. Brooks will probably get mounted and can't imagine the stem will stay - but will give it a try.
I bid on that bike, too. I really just wanted the frame, but I thought that the build was very good I'd probably go with a Nitto Technomic stem.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a technomic in a box, going to give this a whirl, suprised it went for so little as the components alone are worth twice what I paid. The drivetrain, brakes and wheels areas new and work flawlessly. If not for the lock bracket which twisted the decals the frame is in great shape. I will keep my eyes open for a frame for you, if inerested PM me I know someone who was selling something similar in South Carolina. i was local to the seller and was able to pick the rig up.

·
Registered
417 Posts
bigman said:
I have a technomic in a box, going to give this a whirl, suprised it went for so little as the components alone are worth twice what I paid. The drivetrain, brakes and wheels areas new and work flawlessly. If not for the lock bracket which twisted the decals the frame is in great shape. I will keep my eyes open for a frame for you, if inerested PM me I know someone who was selling something similar in South Carolina. i was local to the seller and was able to pick the rig up.
Good looking bike, it looks like your user name is correct that is a tall bike!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Great find. As much as a lot of folks like to "Trek bash", those '80's era lugged steel frames are as good as anything out there. Particularly when they have my "soft spot" Reynolds tubes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts