LOS ANGELES, CA - AEG, presenter of the Amgen Tour of California professional cycling race, is pleased to announce Trek Travel, an industry leader in race cycling vacations, as the Official Tour Operator of the 2011 Amgen Tour of California, which runs from May 15 - 22, 2011.
"Trek Travel has a proven record of providing outstanding cycling experiences for their guests. Not only do participants get to ride a Trek Madone, but they benefit from their partnerships with two of the world's best teams - Team RadioShack and LEOPARD Trek. Their dedication and ability to bring a unique 'cycling' experience is one of the reasons we feel proud to have them partner with the Amgen Tour of California race," said Andrew Messick, president of AEG Sports.
Trek Travel's vacations offer VIP access, luxury and a compelling cycling component. As an Official Tour Operator, Trek Travel vacations include exclusive VIP race access, in addition to behind-the-scenes team access they already provide on their trips. Following are a few of highlights from the two Trek Travel Amgen Tour of California Bike Tours they offer:
- Exclusive access to the teams' Green Room at the Team Introductions
- Exclusive VIP Viewings at Stages 1 & 7
- Exclusive pre-ride of the Individual Time Trial course
- Exclusive tour of the race compound with a team director
- Ride behind a cyclists in an official car during the Individual Time Trial
- Dinners with the new LEOPARD Trek and/or Team RadioShack team
- Exclusive Q&A with a team director and some of the riders
- Seeing the bikes and team bus, as well as meeting the mechanics
- Riding across the official finish line and getting a photo on the podium
- Beautiful rides around Lake Tahoe and up Mount Baldy!
For further information about Trek Travel's Amgen Tour of California Bike Tours, contact Trek Travel at 1-866-464-8735 or https://www.trektravel.com or email us at [email protected]
For more information about the Amgen Tour of California and to view the stage videos, please visit www.amgentourofcalifornia.com.