Madison, Wisconsin - Trek Travel, industry leader in personalized, cycling experiences, is pleased to announce that cycling great, Levi Leipheimer, will be joining the Trek Travel California Wine Country Trip in the fall. This trip offers cycling enthusiasts a unique opportunity to ride with Levi Leipheimer on some of the same roads he has conquered as the overall winner of the Tour of California for the past three years.

"Having the chance to ride with a pro cyclist - not to mention the three time Tour of California winner, is many people's dream," says Tania Worgull, President of Trek Travel. "Levi is a great guy that our guests will love riding and talking with. We are thrilled to offer this once in a lifetime opportunity."

On this six day, five night trip, cycling is paired expertly with fresh cuisine for every mood, exclusive wine tastings, and luxurious accommodations. From long, challenging rides through the hills to leisurely afternoon loops, to riding side by side with the three time Tour of California Champion, the Trek Travel California Wine Country trip is sure to be a memorable experience.

Immediately following the Trek Travel trip, Leipheimer will be hosting King Ridge GranFondo, starting October 3 in Santa Rosa, California, Leipheimer's hometown. The Gran Fondo, a celebrated tradition in Italian cycling culture, is a long distance, mass-participation cycling event - not a race - that welcomes professional, amateur, and recreational cyclists of all abilities. For more information about the King Ridge GranFondo, visit: https://www.levisgranfondo.com.

"I'm looking forward to riding with the Trek Travel group and showing them the very same roads through Wine Country that I use each time for my TT training," says Leipheimer. "Levi's King Ridge Gran Fondo gives me the opportunity to ride with a couple thousand cyclists on some of the toughest, most beautiful roads in Northern California."

About Trek Travel California Wine Country Trip
Dates: September 27 - October 2, 2009. Leipheimer will ride October 1.
Activity Level: Avid
Daily Rides Options: from 10 - 50 miles
Beyond Biking: Cultural Tour, Wine Tasting

For further information: Tania Worgull, Trek Travel President, 1 866 464 8735 or e-mail: [email protected]

TREK TRAVEL
Trek Travel began in 2002 as a subsidiary of Trek Bicycles, offering cycling vacations across North America and Europe. Currently, Trek Travel offers trips around the globe, including luxury destinations and top cycling races. Emphasizing flexibility, Trek Travel has a cycling vacation for any level of rider. Born from industry leader Trek Bikes' 30 years of experience, Trek Travel's focus is on providing exceptionally personalized vacation experiences to every guest. Top-of-the-line Trek bikes, highly trained world-class guides, and unique local connections set Trek Travel apart.