Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new bike.I weigth 140 pounds and i'm 6' 1" tall.And was wondering if you guys could help me pick the right bike for me.The bikes i was looking at are the trek 5.5 pro,Cervelo R3 And Cervelo S2.I race alot of pursuits and Madisons on the track and i'm a very fast climber and braekaway rider.Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I realize those are road bikes. I know can't ride them on the track.I'm Looking for a road bike not a track bike.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
JIT said:
I'm looking for a new bike.I weigth 140 pounds and i'm 6' 1" tall.And was wondering if you guys could help me pick the right bike for me.The bikes i was looking at are the trek 5.5 pro,Cervelo R3 And Cervelo S2.I race alot of pursuits and Madisons on the track and i'm a very fast climber and braekaway rider.Thanks
I'm 5' 6" and weigh 137. I found the R3's ride to be stiff and jarring, but it's a fast bike. The 5.5 pro is going to be a more refined ride, and I doubt you'll give up anything in speed. Can't comment on the S2 - no experience.

Fit matter most, so IMO that's where the priority should be. Also, considering the types of bikes you're interested in, I'd suggest giving the Spec Tarmac a look.

·
Höchstgeschwindigkeit
1,378 Posts
S2 fastest due to Aero and not very compliant. R3 stiffer than Madone and climbs better. Madone smoother. You ride. You decide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts