Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
monkey with flamethrower
821 Posts
Warranties are handled exclusively by Trek dealers. In some instances the warranty claim may be a while becuase a new frame needs to be made.
Treks warranty department is absolutely the best out of all the big bike companies. Its rarely a hassle to warranty a product.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a new 06 5.2 frame on the way. It should be here by the end of the week. My LBS has handled everything. They've been great. I was offered an 06 5.2 frame or a new 08 4.5 frame. After making my selection I chose my paint and that was it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
About 2 months ago, I saw a guy w/ a Klein Aluminum mountain bike come into a Trek store pointing out a hairline crack around the bottle cage boss. The shop took it in saying they'd honor the claim even though, from what I understand, Klein isn't totally owned by Trek now.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hey David ... thanks and yep I saw that ... luckily my accountant and I are good enough friends that I think he would return it for me if anything happened. He is the original owner. If not and it it turns out I like the sport then hey the Trek Madone looks very sexy :)

Thanks again ...
Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.