Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
morkys said:
I tried this bike, but when turning sharply, the front tire will hit my foot. Not just a little bit, but a lot. Weird.
When I looked at an XO-1 in the local shop, I noticed the shape of the top tube would dig into the shoulder. Minor detail, perhaps, but kind of says, Here is a bike made by a company for whom cross is an afterthought.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here's the response from Trek when I emailed a while back:
Thanks for writing and for your interest in Trek bikes. MSRP on the XO
frame set is $699; it should come with the fork and headset. Seat post
size is 27.2mm.

·
Registered
89 Posts
There will be an upcoming review of the Trek XO 2 with SRAM Rival in Issue four of cyclocross magazine due out in the fall. I just measured the seattube outside diameter which is 35.3 mm. Therefore the clamp diameter for the front deraillure clamp is is 34.9. Nicely equiped bike-race ready out of the box and reasonably light. Has a low bb for a CX bike.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The only thing I can be assured of is that the 56 cm pearl white XO 2 that I have now is definitely 34.9. ( I just double checked that). I also have the Jamis supernova reviewed in CXmag issue 3 (due out sometime soon) and that is definitely 31.8. I'm pretty sure the XO is a 2008 since the 2009's haven't been released yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.