Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rain and light snow for Easter in the Sierra, but I haven't been riding enough, so I went out for a quick 20 miles around 7:30 this morning. I live 10 miles from Reno, near the turnaround for a popular training loop, and about halfway into town a group of three riders loomed out of the mist headed toward me. We exchanged the obligatory wave, and one of them said "Nice jacket" as they passed, a condescending reference to my bad-weather day-glo green vest over bright yellow shell (they were all wearing oh-so-fashionable black tights and dark tops).
Coming home half an hour later, I passed them again, stopped next to a pickup by the side of the road. The driver hadn't seen them and had pulled out in front of them, putting one of them in the ditch and another onto the pavement. Nobody badly hurt, and no real damage, but MAN, wearing black is a dumb idea in traffic and bad weather.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Cory said:
Rain and light snow for Easter in the Sierra, but I haven't been riding enough, so I went out for a quick 20 miles around 7:30 this morning. I live 10 miles from Reno, near the turnaround for a popular training loop, and about halfway into town a group of three riders loomed out of the mist headed toward me. We exchanged the obligatory wave, and one of them said "Nice jacket" as they passed, a condescending reference to my bad-weather day-glo green vest over bright yellow shell (they were all wearing oh-so-fashionable black tights and dark tops).
Coming home half an hour later, I passed them again, stopped next to a pickup by the side of the road. The driver hadn't seen them and had pulled out in front of them, putting one of them in the ditch and another onto the pavement. Nobody badly hurt, and no real damage, but MAN, wearing black is a dumb idea in traffic and bad weather.

karma's a b!tch sometimes, ain't it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts