Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my Poprads don't fit me correctly, not by a long shot. I'm in need of a 56x56cm frame, with a >15cm HT. So far, I've looked at the Chili Con Crosso, Conquest, Crosswind, etc..

I'm considering the Tri Cross Pro (frameset) for racing and training here in Portland. The TT length, HT length, carbon rear, all look pretty decent. No commuting or riding it to the pubs.

Has anyone been racing a Tri Cross Pro, or any variants?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

·
Registered
98 Posts
I raced a Tricross Comp all last season. It was my first cross bike and first cross season, so I've nothing really to compare it to. But, it worked fine for me and I got good results. The top tube is wide and flat on the underside making for pretty comfy shouldering. My only complaint is that the head tube angle is too slack for my liking. Again, I've nothing else for comparison, but I'm not sure the Tricross is gonna be the quickest, snappiest handling bike out there. If that's not an issue for you, and the geometry suits you well, I can't see any reason not to go with one.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks sidsport. I agree, the TT is pretty nice on the Tri Cross. Handling is an issue for me, because bike handling is a deficiency of mine.. I'll test ride one again and see what i think of the HT angle.

Still, would be great to hear from anyone else who is racing these. If i can't get comfy with the idea of a Tri Cross, I'll just bite the bullet and have Seven make me a Mudhoney..

·
Registered
363 Posts
I raced a comp all last season and plan on trying to build up another one for next years race bike. I probably sound like such a specialized shill since the only time I post on this board is in regards to this bike, but oh well.

I have plenty of time on plenty of cross bikes (I've owned three and played on probably 20 other cross bikes over the years) and honestly feel like this bike was designed specifically for me; the hta and the bb drop on this bike are spot on for 95% of courses I race on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I raced mine once last year. I bought it at the end of cross season (impulse buy). It looked so nice on the showroom floor I had to have it. I bought an 58cm Expert model. SRAM rival with the red white black paint job. The bike was a true cross racers dream. The top tube was perfect for shouldering and the mud clearance is great. I am actually selling mine in the classifeds here on roadbikereview to finance another project. Get one you won't be disappointed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.