Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm pretty new to the cross scene but I have a bit of experience as a mountain biker and I wanted to get into Cyclocross by the end of summer. It's really between these two bikes because I like the look and style of both bikes and because I work at a dealer that sells both Blue and Specialized (along with Marin, look, and orbea). I know that if I get the Tricross I'm going to sell the groupo that's on there to a coworker and put Sram Rival on it, and if I build up the Blue it will also be with Sram Rival, but not sure on what else to put on. Again, I really don't know a lot about cross, just mountain bikes really

Thanks,
AK

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I'm not a fan of the Blue geometry. For example, their bike with 57cm top tube has a 12cm head tube. Compare to the Specialized bike with 56cm top tube, 15.5cm head tube.

Jonathan Page has a fair amount of drop from saddle to bars, but check out all the spacers:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
psh, if you think that saddle bar drop is crazy you should see my track bike, and besides I like short headtubes

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HA!! I didn't know you were on here Mike. Which do you think I should get? Fransisco wants the parts off the Tricross

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
RedRider93 said:
psh, if you think that saddle bar drop is crazy you should see my track bike, and besides I like short headtubes
Wow I'm like totally impressed.

If you like unusually short headtubes then by all means get the Blue.

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
RedRider93 said:
What fork would you recommend for cross use in Wisconsin?
If by cross use you mean racing, Easton EC90X, Edge Composites or one of the Alpha Q models.

If just for recreational riding, the stock for may have enough clearance to make it worth keeping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts