Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried it with a shorter housing but the cable doesn't flow as smooth that way. With it shorter it rests against seat collar which increases the chance of me snagging it.
It won't lay against the frame since the height between the cable stop in the frame and the brake adapter is too great.
I found the current configuration works best. The cable is against the seatpost and it's tucked towards the frame as much as possible.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I notice

you dropped the Zertz seatpost (many broke last season I've heard,I saw 2) and the fork.
good call. nice build up,have you rode the Ritchey fork yet?
what FSA's are those?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
xccx said:
d^mn dude...that is a nice rig. haven't seen one in red yet. love those FSA rims. what does it weigh in at? what happened to the poprad? did you get rid of it or did it get demoted to a pit bike?
Hey Jeff, I haven't heard from you in a while.
The Poprad is now my pit bike. :)
The bike weighs in at 15.9 lbs
How's the training going?

peace
-brian

·
SF
257 Posts
quantum pro said:
Hey Jeff, I haven't heard from you in a while.
The Poprad is now my pit bike. :)
The bike weighs in at 15.9 lbs
How's the training going?

peace
-brian
hey there...

the training is going well after kind of a slow start. after the holidays i went back to scandinavia, so i was dealing with the harsh, windy, dark winters of norway and iceland. i actually did more xc skiing than riding. i'm back in the states now and learning the routes in nyc. there's some good riding here, surprisingly. i am getting more and more excited for cross and i'm planning to do some xc mtb racing this summer for fun / training. haven't ever done an mtb race here in the east so i'm looking forward to it.

i was actually up in gloucester for a road ride a couple weekends ago and i cruised around stage fort park. you could still see parts of the course in the grass so i did a few laps for fun.

how is your training going? i'm actually a bit confused as to what my training regimen should be this time of year...because i'm focused more on cross now and i dont want to burn myself out too early. i'm still doing lsd...logging on the miles and occasionally picking up the pace to get my heart rate up...but keeping it out of the red zone for the most part.

by the looks of that tricross i'm guessing that you are psyched for the season as well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.