Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have not such bike but I would like: it's weights about 10 kg, and can take rack and fenders.

Have you planned to add a dynamo? If you don't get a dynamohub (better but heavier, more expensive and always running) you'll have to attach it to the ALUMINIUM seat stays so you'll have to choose the SPORT Triple version instead of the Comp Triple, which has CARBON FIBER seat stays.
You can't attach a dynamo to the carbon parts (fork or stays) because they will easily break.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have one and think it is a great communter. I run the Specialized rack and panniers, 25 tires and fenders year round as I live it in the Pacific NW. Very long wheel base so no problem with heal and toe clearance which is one of the reasons I bought it. I also use it for weekend training rides in the winter. Have 2500 miles or so since September. Lose the cross top levels so you will have room for lights. I also got rid of the mini vee brakes and use Canti's. The Vees are good stoppers but need lots of adjustment to be functional.
Mine is an '09 Comp.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Me Too..

I have one. Into my second year on it now...
Running with fenders and a rack, which come on and off.. Use it as a winter bike, commuter, and, miles of dirt fire roads and such in the summer..
It is the 'comp' version.
Love it.

Shot from last weekend - 'Spring Miles'

·
Registered
735 Posts
I commute on the Tri-cross. Once I upgraded the brakes, tires and seat I like the bike. I like the fact that with an aluminum frame with big tires (32 Shwalbe MS) the ride is smooth enough, and I don't have to worry about rust. I like the geometry of the frame and the extra set of brakes for traffic (mine came with two sets of handles). I would say overall I am happy with it, but if I had to do it again I would have gone with the Redline with disc brakes.............MTT :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.