Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just arrived home with my factory-fresh 2011 Secteur Comp...

I went with the red model, because - as everyone knows - red is faster than black!

Kudos to the folks at High Gear Cyclery in Stirling NJ for spending so much time with me over several days as shopped, queried, learned, poked, prodded, tested, vacillated, tested some more, etc, etc. Once I picked the bike though, they weren't done. Then it was a session with the fitter who not only fit the bike but also gave me a primer on proper posture, technique, etc. All in all very happy with the no-pressure approach and the willingness to educate me to the point that I could make the right decision - and know WHY it was the right decision.

Now I'm like a kid who got a new bike for Christmas... since I need to wait until Saturday morning to take it out for a ride!

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Very nice!! :thumbsup:

Just curious, on my monitor the red looks almost orange. How accurate is that??

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PJ352 said:
Congrats on the new bike. Very nice!! :thumbsup:

Just curious, on my monitor the red looks almost orange. How accurate is that??
You need to adjust your monitor.

:cool:

Actually, it does look a little orange on my monitor too, but the bike is the standard Specialized RED.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
RJP Diver said:
You need to adjust your monitor.

:cool:

Actually, it does look a little orange on my monitor too, but the bike is the standard Specialized RED.
How about taking a pic for all to see?? :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PJ352 said:
How about taking a pic for all to see?? :yesnod:
Forthcoming, it's all packed away in my trunk currently.

Leaving work early tomorrow to head to the beach for the weekend. Figured a nice "Tour de Long Beach Island" would be an appropriate inauguration. From end to end - and back - LBI is a 40mi ride. Last time I did it (two weeks ago) was on my Trek hybrid.

I'm guessing this weekend's jaunt will be a bit different!

:thumbsup:

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
RJP Diver said:

Leaving work early tomorrow to head to the beach for the weekend. Figured a nice "Tour de Long Beach Island" would be an appropriate inauguration. From end to end - and back - LBI is a 40mi ride. Last time I did it (two weeks ago) was on my Trek hybrid.

Sounds like a great first ride. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
RJP Diver said:

Hey Diver......I too am looking at the Secteur. Could you give a review after your ride this weekend? Is it really more comfortable than say the Allez or any other more "racy" type bike?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts