Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Muad Dib
35 Posts
Triple Bypass transfer needed

Hi gang,

I, too, am in need of a transfer. I failed miserably at signing up on time. Always a day late and $110 dollars short. If anyone else would be interested in letting me use their spot, please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks,
PeterD in Bugaha

·
Muad Dib
35 Posts
Triple Bypass entry scored

Hey fellas,
I put a plea on the Denver area Craiglist yesterday for an entry to the Triple Bypass. A nice lady called today and will let me buy her husband's spot for $110. If you are still looking for an entry, you might try the Craiglist.

I will be suffering all the way with an easiest gear of 39 x 25. Look for me in my orange/blue Omaha Velo Club team colors riding a Colnago Dream. It would be great talking with some of you local RBR'ers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Riding "Triple" unsupported.

Greetings ladies & gents.
Been shut-out of the "triple" registration? Think about riding it "unsupported"!!! It's do-able. Throw-on your 32 oz. Camel Back, carry a couple of bottles, dry drink mix, nutrition, replenish at convenience stores along the way if you need to. Several product vendors setup support stops along the way as well. Join & pay your dues to the club, buy a shirt on-line, buy your meal ticket at the park.

After doing the "triple" three or four times, doing it "unsupported" adds an additional challenge.

V.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
vinniedv8 said:
Been shut-out of the "triple" registration? Think about riding it "unsupported"!!! It's do-able. Throw-on your 32 oz. Camel Back, carry a couple of bottles, dry drink mix, nutrition, replenish at convenience stores along the way if you need to. Several product vendors setup support stops along the way as well. Join & pay your dues to the club, buy a shirt on-line, buy your meal ticket at the park.

After doing the "triple" three or four times, doing it "unsupported" adds an additional challenge.

V.
why you'd want to do this the same weekend as the official ride is beyond me though. why not wait for a less crowded weekend?

·
Muad Dib
35 Posts
Triple Bypass completed (whew!)

Hey,

It was ugly but I finished my first Triple. It rained on us for about 100 of the 120 miles. Cold temps, saturated clothes. Made descending really miserable. I actually preferred climbing, because you could at least stay warm. I pity the poor folks that were not prepared. Lots of abandonments. I think I heard only about 15% finished.

My friend Shelle was nearly hypothermic and she was properly attired. We stopped in Frisco, had lunch, then spent about 45 minutes at the laundromat drying our clothes. Funny for the locals doing their laundry, I'm sure, as two nearly naked bikers stood inside waiting. But, it sure made a huge difference. Shelle rebounded and we headed up Vail Pass. The only dry pavement we saw all day was as you descended the last 15 miles into Vail/Avon.

I sure earned that jersey!

Did anyone else here do it??

In retrospect, I enjoyed it, but not until it was over.

PeterD in Bugaha

·
CircaRigel
74 Posts
vinniedv8 said:

V.
My understanding is that riders who try to ride DURING the event w/o registration get in pretty big trouble if they're caught. The 3500 rider cap is for safety purposes. I heard some people were stuck with some pretty stiff fines for crashing the Triple Bypass in previous years.

Also, the TE website states that registration is non-transferable in their TBP faq.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Anyone still searching for an entry? I have a conflict that requires me to be somewhere besides Colorado that day.

·
CircaRigel
74 Posts
I know that there are a couple from my church looking for an entry for their tandem team. Let me check with them.

Belinda

·
CircaRigel
74 Posts
I forwarded the link to your post to the cycling group my church has, so you should hear from the tandem couple shortly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.